FMV (Fandom Music Video) Contest!
Are you super proud of an AMV that you’ve made, or a GMV or how about a cool music video with any fandom? Did you ever want to make one? Well now is your chance! Con-G: Geeks@Home 2022 is proudly hosting an FMV contest this year! We will also be running the showcase if you’d like to share your work but not compete it or you want to submit multiple FMVs.
FMV registration will open December 15th, 2021 and run until February 6th, 2022 at 12:00 am (midnight) EST.
Entry forms can be found here (when available).
The cost to enter is $5 for the Contest (the showcase is free to enter).
An email will be sent with payment information after we receive your entry. This will go towards mailing prizes to the winners and the remainder will be given as a donation to fund raise for a good cause (charity TBA).
General FMV Rules
- No nudity or inappropriate material or references. Videos should by kept at PG-13.
- Con-G reserves the right to eliminate anyone from competition at their discretion, so stick to the rules.
- The FMV contest is only open to Canadian residents (sorry international folks! Prizes will only be shipped within Canada.)
- Max 2 entries per contestant please. Entrants are welcome to provide additional FMVs for our showcase.
- FMVs must be created by the entrant.
- Time limit is 6 minutes. If your video has a valid reason for needing more time, please let us know.
- We are calling it an FMV contest (Fandom Music Video). Anything can be used for the video footage if you think it’s appropriate (anime, video games, TV shows, movies, cosplay, etc).
- Feel free to have a creator logo/into/ending to your video but don’t make it too long.
- Creators may use any codec or file format they deem appropriate or necessary, provided that it will play on YouTube. If it will not play, we will contact you, if it cannot be resolved – you will be disqualified. Preferred format is .avi.
- Please make your video as high-resolution as possible with proper compression.
- Use the higher-quality audio if possible.
- Videos will be submitted via Google drive.